10 Super moments from Katy Perry’s concert
Katy Perry was worth the wait.
As her concert kicked off its explosion of sparkle and sugary goodness, we soon forgot that she made us fidget for two hours.
Manila was the final stop of Katy Perry’s “California Dreams Tour.” The show, which was presented by Smart and held at the SM Mall of Asia’s Concert Grounds was fantastic, so fantastic that it has been close to a week and we still have a Katy Perry hangover.
Here are our favorite moments from the show:
1. The opening video and all the videos between songs. They are the crazy saccharine mix of Wizard of Oz, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alice In Wonderland and a trip to Dylan’s Candy Bar. We’d totally watch the videos again if we could.
2. When the curtain finally rose to deafening screams and revealed Katy’s Candyland-inspired stage. We loved the giant cupcakes, the huge lollipops and the cotton candy screens. And the first song—“Teenage Dream”—gave us goosebumps.
3. Katy asking the crowd, “Manila, did I save the best for last?” Some 25,000 people agreed—yes, yes she did.
4. Katy performing the song “Peacock.” It was hilarious, naughty and, thanks to an abundance of feathers, a visual treat.
5. The search for Katy’s “Manila boyfriend.” “How old are you? 12? I don’t want to go to jail!” Katy said to one of the fans volunteering. We all know who she ended up choosing.
6. Katy reminiscing about her first Manila concert. “It’s really hot in Manila. I’ve been here before. When they said, “Should we come to Manila?” I said, “Hell yes. I like their shopping malls and their people so I’ll be fine. I’m excited to sing my favorite songs with you.”
7. The stripped-down version of “The One That Got Away.” It was incredibly touching.
8. The fireworks during “Fireworks” (and the light-up dress Katy was wearing while singing it).
9. The outfits—the dazzling, sparkling, candy-inspired outfits. (Even her mic was bedazzled.) She showed a flair for quick change artistry by changing into seven different outfits while performing one song. We love that she ended “Hot N Cold” while wearing the chocolate sundae dress.
10. The encore—“California Girls.” The audience bounced giant beach balls around as Katy sprayed them with her bubble gun and gingerbread men danced on the stage. No wonder we left the show with an intense craving for ice cream.
We Also Recommend:
Related news :