Cashing in on the Ke$ha look
Ke$ha spent two months at No. 1 with last year’s biggest single, “Tik Tok.” She’s managed several other major pop hits since then, including her second-best single, “Your Love Is My Drug.”
But she brings more than killer pop hooks to the dance. She brings image, dropping a few thousand dollars a month to keep herself in glitter, which, it must be said, she wears as well as anyone this side of Adam Lambert.
Here are a few of the singer’s most memorable looks.
“Tik Tok” video
Several looks are advanced in Ke$ha’s breakthrough video, but the best one shows up on the bridge. At times, it’s hard to say where her exquisitely disheveled hair ends and the white fur on her vest begins. She’s also wearing more bracelets than early Madonna and an American flag bandanna around her wrist.
“Your Love Is My Drug” video
As Native American chic goes, she’s no Adam Ant. But she gets the job done with some powder-blue lines on her face, lots of turquoise, some feathery earrings and Native American necklaces. Then she dances around a cave in black-light body paint, with a python wrapped around her neck. There are also a few fleeting glimpses of Ke$ha in a headdress.
Death to the Pixies
At the U.K. awards show T4′s Stars of 2009, there’s a classic shot of Ke$ha backstage in a Death to the Pixies T-shirt with the neck cut out, and black lace leggings worn without the skirt or shorts one might expect to find accompanying leggings. Meanwhile, her one eye is painted up like Alice Cooper as a peacock with plenty of her trademark glitter.
Cover of “I Am the Dance Commander + I Command You to Dance: The Remix Album”
Nothing says “I’ve come to party” quite like that blue lipstick Ke$ha’s rocking on the cover of “I Am the Dance Commander + I Command You to Dance: The Remix Album.” Not unless you count the actual word “party” scrawled across her arm with what appears to be a Sharpie. If they’d shot this photo from the waist up, you’d still know the girl was wearing cut-off shorts and fishnet stockings. That blue lipstick was apparently left over from the cover of “Cannibal.”
David Bowie “Aladdin Sane” look
There’s no mistaking the obvious tribute she intended with that lightning bolt around her right eye. Oh wait, that’s a picture of Lady Gaga.
Reach the reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-444-4495.
Related news :
- Ke$ha Designs Line of Watches
- Kesha turns watch designer
- Ke$ha Collaborating With … Alice Cooper?
- Kesha to design own ‘freedom, leopard-themed’ watch collection [Asian News International]
- Christina Aguilera: I love working
- Rihanna wraps a busy week of touring in Ireland
- Ke$ha (Kesha) Has a Nip Slip At the Beach in Rio De Janero (PICS)
- Taylor Swift Performs Sugarland
- Jessica Simpson Pregnancy Rumors Heat Up At Macy
- Review: Avril Lavigne makes most of sparse crowd in Vancouver
- Angelina Jolie Tears Up at U.N. Awards, Says Refugees Taught Her to Be Better Mother
- Angelina Jolie Honored at United Nations Refugee Agency Awards
- Justin Bieber Does Christmas Like A Boss On His ‘Under The Mistletoe’ Album Cover
- Video: Neon Hitch
- Rihanna frustrates fans with late show start
- Rihanna Demands Emergency 2AM Bikini Wax
- Justin Bieber Christmas Album News: Cover Picture, Release Date
- Kesha Arrives in Rio With Shark Strapped to Her Face
- Christina Aguilera, Maroon 5′s ‘Moves Like Jagger’: Her Greatest Collabo?
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez: What’s Next?
- Shakira named Latin Recording Academy’s Person of the Year
- Rihanna Rocks Out in Rio
- Rihanna Surprises Volunteers on ‘Extreme Makeover’ — Watch
- Lil Wayne, Shakira and the biggest boffins in pop
- Wholesome Country Singer Taylor Swift Proof Sex Isn’t Only Way to Success
- Amanda Seyfried Talks Megan Fox, Justin Timberlake Sex Scenes
- Katy Perry Costumes: Best Halloween Costumes of Katy Perry
- Kesha designs watches for Casio
- Rihanna Earns Her 19th Top 10 Single On the Billboard Hot 100 With "Cheers (Drink To That)" – About
- Man Kills Mom over Avril Lavigne Tickets
- Kesha designing faux fur to support animal rights
- Kesha teams with Casio to design ‘waterproof watches’
- Rihanna Reveals New Album Set for Fall Release
- Prosecutors: Man killed mom after spat over Avril Lavigne concert tickets
- Prosecutors: Man, now 39, killed mom after spat over Avril Lavigne tickets
- Prosecutors: Man killed mom after spat over Avril Lavigne tickets
- Rihanna to be a mentor on ‘X Factor’
- LMFAO Apologize for Party Rockin
- Katy Perry takes ill; refunds available for tonight’s postponed Grand Rapids show at Van Andel Arena
- Shakira in talks for Juarez concert
- Rihanna Goes Blonde For Armani (PHOTO, POLL)
- Justin Bieber: tech start-up investor?
- Kesha: Humane Society International’s Global Ambassador!
- Bieber crosses over Nash?
- Taylor Swift Covers Gwen Stefani And The Beach Boys In L.A.
- Rihanna sues over leaks at $7 million LA-area home
- New Kesha Album in Spring
- Katy Perry: From VMA Rookie To VMA Royalty
- Rihanna Raises A Glass To Fans In ‘Cheers’ Video
- Beneath Kesha’s glam party pop, some troubling messages
- Listen: Lady GaGa remixed by Wild Beasts
- Gomez Bieber Break Up Rumors – Did Selena and Justin Split?
- Katy Perry struggles to stay vegetarian
- Bieber tops Hollywood rich kid rankings
- Bieber’s street tribute
- Rihanna helps another Barbados band, Cover Drive
- Justin Bieber: The street
- Star-Crossed Rivals Britney Spears And Christina Aguilera Finally Meet In The Top 10
- V nice too, Shakira
- Battleship Movie Trailer: Rihanna’s Non-Debut
- Britney Spears vs. Christina Aguilera: Who
- Party grrrrl Kesha gets fired up at Mohegan Sun
- Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green to Headline Michael Jackson Tribute Concert
- Katy Perry
- Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green set for Michael Jackson concert
- Rihanna Deemed Too Sexual By Former Spice Girl
- Katy Perry and Rebecca Black Sing ‘Friday’ Together Onstage (VIDEO)
- Kendall & Kylie Jenner Cover Katy Perry’s
- Last Night: Ke$ha, LMFAO and Spank Rock at Gexa Energy Pavilion
- Katy Perry Video Star Arrested (Recap)
- Katy Perry misses out on topping U.S. pop chart high five
- Kesha to Be Featured on Alice Cooper
- Kesha stage set catches on fire during concert
- Katy Perry: Amy Winehouse Death Made My Heart Feel Really Sad – Sound
- Hilarious YouTube Parodies of Ke$ha, Katy Perry, and Bruno Mars
Tags: black lace, blue lipstick, Cover, death, fleeting glimpses, lace leggings, neck, pop, tik tok, Tok —