Tuned In: Justin Bieber's 'As Long As You Love Me' Video Is Surprisingly Violent, Sexy
(Bauer Griffin)Justin Bieber is hoping to convince you of his masculinity the best way he knows how: With sex and violence! Also in music news, Selena Gomez isn’t going to get married anytime soon, Eminem is crazy popular on Facebook, Miley Cyrus’ sister has made her music debut, and more.
• The Anthony Mandler-directed “short film” for Justin Bieber’s new single “As Long As You Love Me” debuted Wednesday morning, giving preteen girls everywhere strange tingly feelings.
The music video co-stars B-movie great Michael Madsen as a cruel, violent father determined to keep Justin away from his pretty daughter. Despite a dramatic, spoken intro, the video isn’t nearly as theatrical as it could have been, clocking in at just under six minutes. Bieber doesn’t get much of a chance to show off his thespian skills — his lines are limited to standard rebellious teen petulance — but he does explore exciting new thematic territory. Yep: Sex and violence are now on the table.
“As Long As You Love Me” is thankfully free of the brazen hypersexuality that characterizes a lot of aging teen idols’ later work (ahem, Miley Cyrus), but the video does include snippets of a bedroom scene that has Justin getting horizontal with a pretty model who appears further along in her physical development than he. And, as hinted in preliminary photos leaked from the video’s set, Bieber’s character does get beaten and bloodied.
Those who’ve wondered what Bieber looks like when he cries will appreciate this shot:
• Unsurprisingly, a lot of Bieber fans cried after watching the video. Sample tweets:
• Bieber and his entourage love them some strip mall meals. They were spotted catching a meal at an Outback Steakhouse in Burbank, California.
Singer Justin Bieber and his dance crew out for lunch at Outback Steakhouse in Burbank, California on July 31, 2012. (FameFlynet Pictures)more pics » • Meanwhile, Bieber’s girlfriend Selena Gomez wants everyone to know that she’s not thinking about marriage right now. The former Disney star recently told Teen Vogue, “I’m 20. I don’t take anything in my personal life too seriously.”
She added, “Marriage and all that other stuff I think will happen once I feel accomplished in every other aspect of my life.”
Diehard Jelena fans are totally sharpening their shanks right now.
• Lady Gaga is the most popular celebrity on Twitter, but on Facebook, it’s another story entirely. Rapper Eminem is the first musical artist to garner more than 60 million Facebook “likes,” making him the most popular living person on the social network. Next in line is Rihanna, who just needs to post a couple more bikini photos to get this one in the bag.
• Brandi Cyrus, Miley’s big sister, is planning to release her debut EP as half of Frank + Derol in September. Frank + Derol’s lead single “Barely Love You Too” might be the best piece of music to emerge from that whole family ever. Sorry, Billy Ray fans.
Incoming search terms:justin bieber - as long as you love me
Related news :